girraffe

Friday, September 22, 2017

Kindergarten & 2nd grade

Y'all we are over a month into kindergarten and 2nd grade! Time is flying! I know I'm late but I cannot skip documenting these first days of school.

Meet the teacher was on a Friday night. It was the week prior to the 1st day, which was on a Wednesday. Reese got Mrs. Luokota. This is her 1st year to teach and so far she seems to be a perfect match for Reese. Ella got Mrs. Hooe. She has been teaching for a few years now and it is her 2nd year at Darr. Prior she taught at a school down the street where we have lots of friends. We have only heard amazing things from our friends at her previous school and friends that had her at our school last year. So far Ella is loving her! After meet the teacher we let the kindergartner pick where we ate dinner and she picked Golden Corral, wha-wha-wha. They loved every minute of picking whatever they wanted to put on their plates and they spent about an hour at the chocolate fountain.







These are some photos of the 1st day of school. I may be biased but I think they are the cutest little girls on earth. Emmie got them these adorable 1st day outfits.







Now that we are over a month in I can say with a bit more confidence that it is going to be a good year. We prayed hard for good teachers and I think we got just that. 1st grade was somewhat hard for R and she seems to be a little more confident in 2nd grade. I'm hoping we can keep the momentum up and stay ahead. These girls are such blessings and I love them with all my heart!

1 comment: