girraffe

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

random updates on a Tuesday

 

  1. I started working full time last week. It will be an adjustment, but it is a good step for the time being. I have been working part time since March for Keeco, the company that Neal went to work for soon after we had Reese. I have had plans to slowly transition into full time work when William went to kindergarten. I have really enjoyed being back at work and surrounded by other adults. I have some learning to do and look forward to the day that I can feel that I am providing more value.
  2. William is playing soccer this fall. He played basketball last winter and hated almost every second of it. He played baseball in the spring, and he loved it. He did try to come off the field and hang with me at least once a game in baseball, but I was able to coax him back out there most of the time. So far, he hasn’t tried that in soccer and has had a great time. He claims to like baseball the best, but he seems to like both sports. He asked me last night if I will sign him up for football so we may try that next Fall.
  3. Ella switched club soccer teams. Ella played for Legends for 3 years. We really loved that team, the coaches and the families. Ella has wanted to try out for a new club team for a while and has desired more of a challenge and a team that is a little more skilled overall so that she will be stretched more. She has found that in this new team and she is love it. I had no idea if the coaches and families would be people we would enjoy and wondered if they would be welcoming or not. So far the coaches and families have been wonderful and I am looking forward to watching Ella grow with this team.
  4. Reese keeps on growing and is almost as tall as I am. Her foot is now a size 11.5 and I sure do hope that her foot stops growing. I love that she’s getting so tall though. She is playing school volleyball right now and just loves it so much. She is excited to play club again soon and I am excited to watch her, but I am not so excited about the travel schedule that is about to be upon us. I know I will miss it one day, but it overwhelms me today. 
  5. I am so thankful for the 3 kids that God gave us. Life is lonely sometimes lately. I feel a large void with the loss of Neal. I am missing my travel and concert buddy. I am really missing having someone to vent to when things are hard and having someone that is always in my corner. I also miss being that for someone else.  I am missing that constant companion that loves me no matter what. I miss having my person. It sounds far fetched that I would be lucky enough to find that twice in one lifetime, but I sure do hope that I am able to find someone to spend the remainder of my life with. I know it is what Neal wanted and I am glad we had that conversation. But how I find that I just don’t know. 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment