girraffe

Friday, December 9, 2011

an overdue update

Many things have happenend in the past couple of months and I am going to do my best to recap below. I have been so bad about keeping up with the blog lately, although I do have a pretty good excuse. I am going to try to commit to updating the blog bi-weekly to avoid such long posts. I don't want to miss capturing any of our sweet memories because I know how fuzzy it gets just months later.


















House: Biggest news is that our house is well under way. It has a foundation, a frame, raw plumbing, most of the electrical, windows, insulation, a roof, soffet and facia and I suspect we will have brick any day now, I am very excited to see it with brick because that will give me a good idea of how it is all going to come together. They have laid tile and installed cabinets. Today they were starting on trim and templating for the granite. It sounds like we may be able to move in sometime in March, at best February. Below are some pictures along the way (I will update with interior soon!).

Halloween: Reese had a fun 2nd Halloween. She was a ballerina this year. She went to a baby Halloween party the day before Halloween (which was so fun, one of our friends throws amazing parties), a school Halloween party and she trick or treated at a handful of houses on the street where we are renting. One of my very good friends came by to meet Ella on Halloween and it was good to visit with her and catch up while Reese was out trick or treating with Neal and Gigi.



Thanksgiving: We had a great time in Houston over Thanksgiving. Parts of it were bittersweet as we recently lost my Uncle John, which has been extremley painful for many in our family, but overall we had a great time. 10 days away from home may be too long but it was a great visit. Reese got her 1st pedicure, Neal, Chelsea, Carrie, Alex and myself got to go out to dinner and a movie, we got to hang out with an old Walmart friend and her 2 year old one morning, we got to spend lots of good time with my Mom and my Sisters and the highlight for Reese was Yo Gabba Gabba Live!

Ella: Ella is growing like a weed. I cannot believe that she will be 3 months old soon. I am having such a good time at home with her right now and am dreading the end of my maternity leave in less than 2 weeks now. She is such a pleasant, content and somewhat easy baby. I love both of my girls so much and am looking forward to moving in to our fun new house with two children. Below are some great pictures of my sweet baby girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment