girraffe

Monday, July 29, 2013

Random updates on a Monday

1. Something I want to document and never forget, because I love it and know that one day soon it will just be a memory, is the fact that Reese cannot pronounce her v's correctly. So we get this: moobie= movie, moob= move, Steeb (Neal's boss)= Steve, smoobie= smoothie, neber= never.

2. Ella has developed quite the attitude and ability to fight back. We may be in over our heads with these 2 strong willed girls..but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

3. We have undoubdebtly moved into the best cul-de-sac there is. The girls have had a blast since we moved in. For the 4th of July we had a 3rd of July cul-de-sac party complete with food, a baseball game, fireworks and a band. It seemed that everyone had a great time.






4. I have been running for over 3 months now! This is a huge accomplishment for me. I have set out to run before and it has only lasted for a few weeks at most. I have 2 ladies that have been running with me and I think that is the difference that has kept me at it. I have gotten up to 3 miles, this is also huge for me..I know it is not a lot to many but this is the furthest I have ever run. I have been working towards a 5k race that I am scheduled to run on August 3rd. Sunday July 7th my left ankle began hurting. The next day both ankles were hurting. The hurt was mild so I went ahead and ran on a treadmill while I was on vacation. They didn’t hurt any worse, it was just there, until Friday of that week. My ankles were swollen and so sore. They are now very sore and swollen off and on. I broke down and made an appointment with an Orthopedic doctor. I apparently have tendinitis. I'm on anti inflammatory and am hoping that will fix it. Sadly I will not be able to run the race.

5. The girls went to spend the weekend with Neal’s parents for the first time ever away from home without us this past weekend. I truly missed them so much but it was a much needed break. We were able to relax, enjoy friends without distraction and get a lot done around the house in preparation for a big shower that we are throwing here next weekend. The girls had a great time with their Grandparents and I am thankful that they were willing to take on so much responsibility. Gigi and Gi-Pop will probably sleep really well for a week.

6. I'm so glad to have my precious little girls home!

No comments:

Post a Comment