girraffe

Saturday, January 4, 2014

a new year

2013 was a blessed year. I am so thankful for all He has provided for me and my family and I hope to be using what I have been blessed with for His glory. Having a 1-2 year old and a 2-3 year old in 2013 has been my greatest blessing. Watching the two of them grow and change is so amazing. These girls are so precious, sassy, funny, impossible, amazing, spunky, beautiful, adorable, challenging, rewarding, fun, exhausting and incredible. Watching them grow so fast has been bittersweet. With each new stage we are able to do so many new and exciting things but I am so sad that they are no longer babies.

 

I hardly ever make true New Year’s resolutions. I did make one for 2012 which was to update this blog at least once every 2 weeks. I think I managed to complete that goal and I am so glad that I have made this blog a habit over the past couple of years, prior to that my updates were seldom. I don’t really update this for anyone other than myself and my family. I love having a place that I can look back on and remember what happened when and simply see the precious moments of the girls lives that I never want to forget the details of.



 
For 2014 I hope to do a few things. The number one thing that I want to set out to do is slow down. Not necessarily quit doing some of the activities with my family and friends but to cherish each moment. I don’t want to continually be caught up in all that needs to be done around the house, all that needs to be done to get ready for the next day, all that needs to be done for work and all that may be going on in the world of social media that I forget to be completely present for my girls. Don’t get me wrong I know that I am going to have to continue to keep up with the house and keep our stuff organized and I am certainly going to have to keep up with work but I want the girls to know that they are my priority and that I am listening when they talk to me. I want to set aside what I am doing and play with them daily. Even if I am only able to spare 15 minutes in a night to get on the floor and play with them I want to do this and make it my priority. The last thing I want is to look back a year or two from now, when they have changed so much as they are growing so fast, and regret the time that has been lost.




 

To ring in the New Year our family spent the night at a friend’s lake house.  There were 6 families in attendance and 11 kiddos under the age of 4. We really had a lot of fun but I was in need of sleep the next day. Reese and her friend Parker managed to stay awake until 12:45 a.m. Reese and Ella had so much fun with lots of fun kids. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows for the kids and all of the adults made portions of the adult meal, which was so yummy. The kids jumped on air mattresses, watched movies, popped poppers, wore fun glasses, hats and mustaches, blew party blowers, rode the ride on toys outside and ran around like wild children having a blast. Wednesday morning Neal and Kristi made breakfast and it was all so good. We hope this ends up being a yearly tradition, if the Knight’s weren’t too worn out from it all.

I am looking forward to a fun new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment