girraffe

Monday, July 28, 2014

A very big decision

On August 20th I will embark on a new journey that I have longed to pursue for years…I will be setting my career aside to focus on my girls full time! I am so excited about this new stage of our lives and very interested in how this will all play out. Telling my company that I will be leaving has been surreal. I have been so amazed and thankful for all of the support and encouragement that I have gotten. Walmart has been an unbelievably positive experience and I am so grateful for the 7+ years I have gotten to spend with such a great company.
 
Honestly, I am not 100% sure that I will want to stay at home long term. What I am 100% sure of is that Reese goes to kindergarten in 1 year and Ella in 3 and if I am going to try this out now is the time. When Ella goes to school I can always re-enter the workforce and doing this ensures that years from now I won’t look back with regrets. I know I am not the type that can stay in the house all of the time so I have been researching all of the cheap activity options in the area & it turns out that there seems to be a lot to do. The girls will stay at their current daycare 2 days a week so that they can continue learning and have a pre-school program in place. I will begin teaching them things the other 3 days and hope to be able to be somewhat consistent with what is being taught at the daycare so that they can stay up to speed.
 
I am so excited about all of the memories we will get to make and all of the time I will get to have with these precious little girls. I am SO thankful for a husband that fully supports this and has worked so hard to make this a reality. I'm so thankful that The Lord has allowed this to be a reality. I feel very blessed to get this time with my girls and hope that this change will make Neal’s life a little less hectic too.

No comments:

Post a Comment