- (I know it is Tuesday but I tried uploading this yesterday and just noticed it failed) Star Student- Being the star student at the girls’ school is a really big deal! Ella was star student a couple of weeks ago and was beyond thrilled. She got to bring her favorite book, toy and a treat for her friends. She took an Elsa doll that she got for her birthday, a princess book and I went up to the school to have lunch with her one day and brought cookies for her and her friends, Reese joined us for lunch that day. Ella ate it all up and would remind us through the week that she was star student if she wasn’t getting her way, she thought it was good leverage.
2. Frozen sing along- the girls went to a Frozen sing along/princess experience a few weeks ago and had a ball. It is an event put on by a local group that raises money for Christmas presents for needy kids in the area. They were able to watch the sing along version of the movie at our theatre, eat chick fil a for lunch, get their hair, nails and make up done, play all sorts of games, have a tea party and make a wand and ornament. The event is so well done and the girls thought it was amazing.
4. Board games- We are all loving playing board games lately and it is so much fun that they are at an age to sit and play. Our favorite right now is Sequence for kids.
5. Figuring obsession- Ella is obsessed with little figurines, especially princesses. She carries them all around in a Minnie bag, takes them out, lines them up, plays with them and then packs them back up. It is so funny and cute.
6. Bears- both girls are afraid of bears all of a sudden. They are concerned that they may be in their room or could come in at night. When Neal recently went to China Reese sent him a video telling him that she loved him and if there were any bears he could call her. Ella sat under this blanket for a good 5 minutes in the living room the other night because she thought there may be a bear.
7. At home date night- the night before Neal left for China he didn’t want to be away from the girls but we did want to have some sort of date night before he left. We decided on an at home date night after the girls went to bed. We picked up take out and watched the Razorback game. It was really fun to eat good food in our own living room and just relax as we ate and watched the Hogs play, AND WIN.
8. Mini me- I got Reese some printed leggings and a piko top, she looks like my little mini me. I’m not sure about what she is doing here but I think she is pretty adorable.
9. J2J- I have wanted to do Junk 2 Jewels for months and finally got a chance to do it. I had a lot of fun and am so glad my good friend Jill was able to do it with me. I think our door hangers turned out great!
10. Lights- Neal never had lights at Christmas time growing up and is determined to provide the best light related memories for his girls. The men on our culdesac rented this enormous cherry picker for the second year a couple of weeks ago. I love that our culdesac is all lit up this year and that Neal is so into it. I didn't get a photo of Neal on it but stole this photo from Robb.