girraffe

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Coronavirus & Quarantine 2020

The past month have been beyond crazy! At the first of the year Neal was worried about production at work because China had some disease caused the Coronavirus that had caused his entire factory to not be at work making their goods. Well by early March it had made its way to the US. And the week before spring break most states began quarantine. The week before spring break the girls school was cancelled, my bible study was cancelled, Ella’s  soccer practice was cancelled, William’s gym class was cancelled and we basically stayed in our house all week. My mom was visiting and that was helpful. It was a strange thing for all of my friends to be cancelling their amazing spring break vacations. Neals market trip was cancelled just days before he was supposed to go.

It’s a good thing Neal’s market trip was canceled because New York has been hit harder with this than any other state by far, so far. He ended up being able to go with us to Uncle Pats ranch. We cancelled going to Houston but we needed to get my mom home somehow so we kept our ranch trip since not many people would be there and there’s lots of wide opened space. We had a fun time there. William refuses to ride the tractor with Uncle Pat even though I know he really wanted to. He did ride a 4 wheeler and the zero turn mower with Neal. He stomped in cow patties 😝 and ran around and had a blast. I think he will definitely ride the tractor with Uncle Pat next time.










The week of spring break they decided to keep schools closed through late April (they’ve since extended that to the end of April). They closed all restaurants dining services (pickup only), closed all nail salons, routine dental, routine eye, hair salons/massage/lashes, they closed my gym (which I completely understand but miss a lot because it was keeping me sane) and most everything else aside from grocery stores and essentials. 

We had fun during spring break and I’m so thankful for this property and the gift it is with space to explore. We have planted trees, cleaned the super cool barn, had a picnic where our house will be built, Neal mowed the outline of our house, threw rocks into the pond, taken lots of walks, started jogging regularly with the girls and fed and watched deer. We also went on multiple trail hikes, found a really cool creek at Hobbs state park and did some yummy food pick up.





















Overall this hasn’t been so bad. I’m thankful for the extra time with my family. I mourn their school relationships and fun. I also miss my me time and being able to recharge. William was supposed to have a music program days after all of this started and I am so ad to miss him on a stage singing for the first time. Reese has to cancel her birthday party that is supposed to be next week and I’m so sad for her, but she’s handled it like a champ. I hope to make her day so special. I’m so sad to miss a whole season of watching Ella play soccer. I’m sad that we may not get to play softball this spring. Both girls have the sweetest teachers this year and I’m sad that they are missing most of the second semester with their awesome teachers and friends. The hardest part for me is not knowing how long this will last. I think I’d be much better if I just had an end date, but I don’t and won’t and have to give that to Him. I do pray that through this we figure out what is most important and eliminate some things. I do believe that good with come from this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment