girraffe

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

No more school 😢

Governor Asa Hutchinson announced yesterday that we will not going back to school this school year. We will be missing the last 11 weeks of school and we are all so sad. The girls both have the sweetest teachers this year and I’m so sad they don’t get to finish the year with them.

Online school is going pretty well. Some days are harder than others. Ella’s work was super easy until this week and it’s like the teachers realized this is long term and really upped the work. It went from one extreme to the other and they may need to find some middle ground. 

The hardest part for me (I think) is that I am around people that need me 24/7. It’s a lot for me. The 2 days a week when William was at MDO we’re life giving. I really am able to recharge when I have a moment to myself. Saturday evening I asked Neal to take them on a car ride and give me 30 minutes alone and that was so refreshing. He offered to put me up in a hotel Saturday night but I told him I don’t feel like that is safe right now and I have months more of this so I should probably save that for when I’m feeling more desperate for it.

I love these babies with all of my heart and I am so thankful for our health...but I sure am ready for this to all be over.




No comments:

Post a Comment