girraffe

Monday, January 9, 2023

Such a great loss 🖤

I wrote this entry in early December but it looks like I failed to publish it until now. So the timing of it is a bit off but it needs to be out there and I don't have the energy to edit all of it to fit the timing.


It looks like the last time I updated the blog was following Reese's 11th birthday. My sister, Chelsea, had my blog printed for my 40th birthday and it is one of the best gifts I have ever received. It tells our family story from the time we found out we were pregnant until Reeses 11th birthday. 

This blog has been so special to me as a way to document special things for our family and I hope the kids cherish being able to look back one day, I already do. I haven't kept up with the blog well in way over a year for good reason. We lost Neal after a battle with melanoma on April 7th. It has been the saddest year of my life. Losing him has been excruciatingly painful and watching 3 children, who I love more than life, have to deal with the pain and confusion of losing the very best father is the worst.

I have documented most of the cancer journey and terrible loss on my social media accounts. I want to continue on with this blog as it brings so much joy and I want to have documentation of the kids favorites on their birthdays and major events and vacations. So, a lot has been missed here but we will continue on. I hope to post a new entry soon to document our trip to Disney back in October. Whew, this was a hard one to write but I've had hopes and plans of picking this back up for a while now. We continue on.🖤🖤🖤




No comments:

Post a Comment