girraffe

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

30a trip July 2023

 I am so thankful that my kids love the beach like I do. Neal also had a major love of the beach, so we always made room for a beach vacation most years. Growing up my family went to Destin every year. I love the Destin area and Neal did too. We did want our kids to see other things, but we generally made our way back to Destin every other summer. This summer I decided to get back to that area at the end of July. The past few times we have gone we have headed a bit east of where I always went growing up, to the 30a area. We stayed in a complex that we have been to once before. It doesn’t have beach access but comes with a golf cart to be able to cart all of your stuff and people over to the public access areas. Some of the family ended up going with us and we had a fun time. We stayed in a rental with Chelsea and Tyler. Carrie, Ben and Jacob got a unit, Mom, Aunt Mau, Uncle Chris, Uncle Pat and Aunt Cheryl got a unit and Katie and her family got one. We had some fun time with family and were able to celebrate Mom and Chelseas birthday together. 






 

One day a few of us went on a boat ride to see dolphins and go snorkeling at shell island. Shell island had very few shells but it was still a fun adventure.









 

We had a fun week at the beach. The kids can have fun for hours now playing in the water and the sand. William spent many hours on end with goggles and a net immersed in the water swimming around trying to catch the little fish that he could see. I am so glad we are to a point that they can last several hours out by the ocean. The beach is a lot of work though. I knew that Neal did a whole lot to make our trips more enjoyable and boy did I feel the loss of his help this trip. The kids have gotten so big though and they were very helpful. It was a good week spent at the beach but I was so worn out by the end of the week. The 13 hour drive doesn’t help much with the exhaustion at the end of the week.

 

















Next summer we are looking at doing a Disney cruise and I am excited about the thought of not having to cart around all the stuff and having some things taken care of.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment