girraffe

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

back to school and fall transitions

 I cannot believe that my baby has started kindergarten. Today is Tuesday and the kids started school last Wednesday. I walked him in his first day but by the 2nd day he just wanted me to drop him off in car rider line. He did amazing. He was a little nervous that he wouldn’t be able to find his classroom, but I reminded him of which way to go and told him he could ask any adult for help. He did it without hesitation and reported that he found it without a problem when I picked him up. He has handled this transition so well so far. He is a little uninterested in going back again upon waking up each day, but he quickly adjusts and is willing then always reports a fun time when I pick him up. I can already see his confidence growing and I know he is going to change so much this year. I want this for him because it will all be so good for him and his future, but I am also already missing my sweet baby.







 

Ella also started middle school. There were a few nerves there as well, but she has come home smiling each day and has said that it is better than she expected it to be. I can’t believe that Reese is in her last year of middle school and will be headed to high school next year. She turns 14 in a little over half a year and will be eligible to get her permit. This is flying way too fast!  








 

During all of these changes I am transitioning into full time work for the company that Neal worked for, Keeco. I have been working 2 days a week since last March and hired a sitter over the summer for the 2 days. For the first few weeks back to school I am working 3 days but only during school hours so that I can be the one to pick William up from school each day. The 2nd week of September I have hired a sitter to help me after school 3 days a week with the pick ups and transports. I will work in office all day 3 days and will work from home and manage some of the transports myself the other 2 days. So far it has gone well and Keeco has been so supportive of this transition for our family.





 

Some of these changes are big but so far they have been good.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment