girraffe

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sleep depravation

Neal and I do not know how to make babies that sleep well. I hear people talk about their babies sleeping through the night at like week 4 all of the time (how?!!?!??!?).

We didn't have Reese sleeping an uninterrupted night until around 18 months & I think that has a lot to do with the fact that Ella came then so we were slower to get to her room when she cried...so she just had to kind of figure it out. In the beginning Reese was a terrible sleeper due to acid reflux, like she hardly slept for the 1st 6 weeks. She mainly cried, and so did I. From about month 10 on her crying mainly had to do with the loss of the pacifier. We now line the pacifiers up on the side of her crib so that she can replace them herself. I am happy to say that she is sleeping like a superstar at this point. She even sleeps in on the weekends sometimes, until close to 10 on a couple of occasions :0.

Ella has definitely been a better sleeper. As a young infant she actually slept. However, we are at month 7 and she is still waking up 1-2 times per night to eat. I am so hoping that we are getting close to sleeping through the night.

For Mother's Day Neal took both monitors and let me sleep through the entire night. This was such an amazing gift. I was shocked at how awesome I felt after a full nights rest, it makes a big difference for me. I am one I those people that loves sleep. I know this is only a phase of my life, a phase that I will one day miss. We will sleep soon!

If I'm going to be sleep deprived for anyone it would be these girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment