Thursday, December 26, 2013

A really fun weekend

Last weekend Neal and I decided that we would split up and do some fun things with each girl on our own on Saturday. I spent time with Reese in the morning while Neal and Ella hung out and we switched after nap.

Reese has been begging to get her hair cut "like daddy's" for weeks. We compromised by taking off 3 inches.

She loves it and it looks really cute and healthy. It did what I hoped and made some of the curls come back now that it's not so heavy.

We then went and had her nails and toes painted. This is a photo of her waiting for her turn.

We then had lunch together at one of my favorite restaurants in Fayetteville, Noodles. We had a lot of fun together and I think she really enjoyed her one on one time.

Neal spent the morning with Ella. They went to a fun toy store that sent us a Christmas gift card and tried out all of the toys & she got to get a toy, they went to the new Atwood's farm & ranch supply to check it out and then ate at Houlihan's. He said she was a really fun date and seemed to have a great time herself.

When we got home we made icing for the birthday cake that we made for Jesus's birthday. This is her 1st of many experiences licking the mixer.

After nap Neal took Reese to run an errand and I took Ella to get her 1st mani/pedi. She felt like such a big girl and sat somewhat still.

Saturday night we had a family movie night in the bonus room. We blew up the air mattress, threw a bunch of pillows and blankets on it and watched The Polar Express. The girls sat through most of the movie & we all enjoyed the time together. 

Sunday evening we made a gingerbread house. None of us had made one before. Reese was pretty tired and had some trouble behaving and ended up having to go to bed early. She got to help with most of it but towards the end she was just being defiant and I had to follow through with my threats of bed if she didn't start listening (I'm not always great at following trough but have been better lately and am seeing benefits). She woke up the next day running fever which probably had something to do with the behavior the night before. Thankfully she got into the dr & on meds and felt better very quickly. 

The gingerbread house was fun and turned out really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment