girraffe

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

girls trip to dc

A few months ago Chelsea, my youngest sister, found out that she was accepted to participate in an internship program through the Salvation Army in DC. When she told us about this Neal decided that he wanted to make sure that we prioritized a trip for me while she was there. He has been and loved it and I had never been to our capitol city. I decided to tell my mom that I would be going and try to coordinate the same weekend, because she was planning to visit while Chels was there also, and I asked her to let Carrie know about it as well. I never really thought it would work out for all of us to go together but it did and I am so glad we got to do this.

Below is an overload of pictures but I wanted to have these memories on my blog. I have found that I look back at my blog often for memories and I am so thankful to have this as a tool to capture sweet memories like this weekend.

This first photo is of us waiting for a table at a great Mexican restaurant that my sweet friend suggested we try. We had a long list of restaurants to try but only one was Mexican and we all felt like Mexican on Saturday night. The wait was an hour and half (didn’t end up being quite that long) but it was worth it, the food was great.




We thought the sign was a cute opportunity for a fitting picture. This was taken in Old Town Alexandria, VA. It was such a cute area with great shops.






Neal and I thought about visiting DC a few years ago and if we did we planned to go on a Segway tour. Neither of us had ever ridden a Segway and thought it sounded like a really fun way to see the city. I mentioned this to my sisters and mom and they were all interested too. I am so glad that we did this. We were able to see all of the major attractions in 3 hours and have a really fun time doing it. Our tour guide, Eric, was very entertaining, a wealth of historical knowledge and so funny. We were hoping for a love connection between he and Chelsea because there were so many things about the two of them that seemed to be a fit. It made the tour fun teasing Chelsea to fight for her position next to him. They really did get into some in depth conversations but he made a couple of comments that caused us all to think that there may be some differences that could be deal breakers. Who knows maybe it could end up being a really fun friendship.






The trip was such a great time with the girls of my family. I am thankful that Chelsea got the oppotunity to be up there and that the house she is living in is owned by a very gracious lady willing to open her home to all of us (the house is huge and is her second home so she was not there). I hope we are able to take more trips like this in the future!













1 comment:

  1. how awesome! so glad you were able to break away and have sister and mom time! :)

    ReplyDelete