Sunday, November 25, 2012

Our 1st NWA Thanksgiving

This year was the first year in 12 years that I haven't traveled to either Houston on Little Rock for Thanksgiving. While we did miss spending time with the extended family it was so great not to have to take a road trip for a major holiday. We had a great time at home and I actually cooked an entire Thanksgiving meal.
Wednesday night we picked up the girls from school and took them to the Bentonville square to see the lights and the ice skating rink. We ate at Tusk and Trotter and then let them run around the water for a while. The outdoor ice skating is so much fun and feels so Christmassy. The girls loved it all.
This picture cracks me up. If you look behind Neal you can see a copper pig on the window sill. Reese decided to get out of her seat and walk over to the pig. She had her napkin and began wiping the pigs bottom and yelling to us that it had a poop. We told her to get back in her seat but of course she didn't listen and Neal had to go and get her as she was yelling about the pigs poop. Funnier now that it is over than in the moment.

Thursday morning Neal ran in the Sheepdog Turkey Trot with Chelsea and our neighbor Kyle. Reese, Ella and I did the family walk with some of our other neighbors. This is a photo of Reese holding Katie's hand and walking with her and Connor. She had so much fun walking with the big kids.

Neal and Reese once we got home from the Turkey trot.

My first Thanksgiving meal. Neal smoked a turkey which was amazing. I made dressing, gravy, rolls, mashed potatoes, peas, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole and we had canned cranberry sauce (because I don't really like cranberry sauce anyways). Chelsea made layered salad. It was all really good.

I also made a pecan pie and my friends sweet mom brought us a delicious chocolate pie.

Reese has an aversion to pants lately and I gave up and decided I didn't care if she wore pants to our dinner. This is Neal and Reese toasting.
Ella loved the chocolate pie.

I went shopping on Thursday night and Friday morning. Below is when I arrived home after being out in stores since 4. If you look close you will see that my cardigan was on inside out...that is the result of getting dressed at 4 a.m. The girls were so happy to see me, it made me so happy.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving week and have SOOOO much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment