girraffe

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Tis the season

We are currently on the road traveling to Houston to celebrate Christmas with my family. I haven’t been home in over a year! This is just too long but travel with 2 babies is just so difficult. Now that we have to buy a plane ticket for Reese it is so expensive to travel by plane and less than a year from now Ella will require a ticket too.

We have been having such a blast decorating for Christmas. I made advent bags for each day of December, Nelson our elf has come back to visit for the month, I made a Christmas card board, we are fully decorated and we have gone to see the lights on the Fayetteville square.

Nelson, our Christmas elf, has been a lot of fun this year. The girls enjoy finding him each day. We haven’t gotten too crazy with it yet…he did tp the Christmas tree one night and sipped some syrup one morning but other than that we have been kind of boring with it. We will see what the rest of December holds. As soon as Ella sees him she waves at him with so much vigor and she kind of giggles. Reese thinks it is so much fun to find him. On Saturday December 1st Nelson surprised us with breakfast. He made us french toast strips, powdered donuts and chocolate milk. The girls loved it! I always threaten to tell Nelson when Reese is being naughty so that he can report it to Santa, sometimes it works and many times it doesn’t. I look forward to many years of Nelson in our house.

The Fayetteville square was really fun this year. Reese’s best friend Reagan and her family went as well as Chelsea. Reese and Reagan got to ride ponies, Reagan’s pony had to pee during the ride and another pony had to poop and that is most of what Reese likes to talk about from the night. We also rode on a horse drawn carriage around the square which I really enjoyed~ I have never ridden on one and thought it was nice. We didn’t find Santa until the end and the line was really long. We didn’t think that Ella had it in her to wait since we were already past bedtime. We will be seeing him next week though as he is coming to my work so look forward to some adorable pictures to come. I had the camera case with me but of course the camera was not inside it so I have some pictures coming from Reagan’s mom.

We are so hoping that this car ride is better than we anticipate. We will be staying overnight in a hotel tonight in Dallas and I also hope that the girls will sleep okay in a strange place. Whether the ride is good or not I know that we will have a blast in Houston and it will all be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment