girraffe

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Jesus loves the little children

About a month ago Ella had been learning about salvation and the concept of asking Jesus into your heart at pre-school. This is one of the reasons that I love The Kids Studio, they have reiterated what we've been teaching at home about Jesus' love. Ella asked me about it and I told her one day when she decides it is time I would love to say the prayer with her to ask Him to come and live in her heart. She said she wanted to do it then, so we did.

Yesterday on the way to dance class Reese asked me about it. She asked me a few questions after church last Sunday and this was a continuation of that conversation. She also said yesterday that it was something she wanted to do as well, so we did...in the car on the way to dance class. Ella then asked if she could say it again. I told her that once you say the prayer you are saved and you don't have to do it again and she said she wanted to anyways, so we did.

I know both of my little girls are way young. But I do believe they have a heart for Jesus and were sincere in their desire to ask Him into their hearts and follow Him. However, Neal and I have our work cut out in the coming years to help them understand this decision and to guide them. We also have a whole lot of praying to do that they will be able to navigate in a world that is so lost and broken and that they will stand strong for what they believe and for making the right decisions. I am so thankful that they both made this decision and I pray that they will be bold in this decision to follow Him even though many times it will not be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment